Coast Osteopathy provides safe, gentle and effective osteopathic treatment to promote optimal function throughout the body. Osteopathy will improve respiratory efficiency, blood supply and the removal of metabolites (waste products), and will normalize nerve supply to affected tissues. From newborns to the very mature, osteopathy can enhance the general health and wellbeing of every individual.
- Babies and Toddlers—I provide gentle cranial osteopathy to help babies overcome retained stresses and strains acquired in utero and during birth. This often improves the symptoms of colic and gastric reflux, latching and feeding issues, and can help to regulate sleeping habits - among other conditions.
- Children—Older children also benefit from osteopathy, enjoying relief from recurrent chest infections and colds, ear infections, asthma, and allergies. Hearing and behavioural issues can be addressed and recovery from accident and injury enhanced.
- Teens—Along with the usual sports injuries, strains and sprains, teenagers undergo rapid growth and change alongside the development of their hormonal and nervous systems. Osteopathy provides support during these changes relieving discomfort, preventing aberrant postures and promoting internal balance.
- Adults—Adults suffering from neck and back pain, headaches, sports or exercise injuries, arthritis and joint pain, pregnancy discomfort, hip and shoulder pain, vertigo and dizziness, and sciatica.
- Older People—Aches and pains associated with growing older can be treated! Safe, and gentle cranial techniques can increase mobility of stiff joints and relieve any number of conditions including constipation, sinus issues, and bladder infections.
- Pregnancy—Osteopathy can prevent or ease common conditions such as morning sickness, swelling of the feet and legs, dizziness, back pain, shortness of breath, pubic pain and uncomfortable postural change. Easing labour pain and optimising the potential for a natural, uncomplicated birth of a healthy baby is the ultimate goal of osteopathic treatment during pregnancy.